1. The Edwardsville Area League membership roster serves as the appointment letter, and that information has been provided to the Madison County Clerk's office.
2. Members may go to the court house and take their oath, or they may have the form signed, notarized and sent to the court house.
3. Be sure to mention you are a member of League.
If you are expecting to be absent from your county on election day, you may cast your vote using an absentee ballot. You must first apply for an absentee ballot. You must provide a reason why you cannot vote on election day.
Application for absentee voting: By mail not more than 40 days nor less than 5 days prior to election day. In person not more than 40 days nor less than 1 day prior to election day.
Follow these steps when voting absentee:
1. Obtain the proper application for absentee ballot either by
mail or in person from your election authority.
(county clerk or board of elections)
2. Upon receipt complete the application. Be sure to include name, home address, address where you want the ballot to be mailed and sign the application
3. Complete application, mail or deliver to your election authority. If returning application in person, or completing the application in the election authority's office, you may immediately voter your absentee ballot. If you mail the properly completed application, the election authority will mail your absentee ballot to you.
4. After receiving the ballot, vote in secret. Insert the ballot into the envelope provided, seal it, complete and sign the certification on the back and personally return it or mail it.
State Board of Elections 1020 S. Spring Street Springfield, IL 62704
In Person: Tuesday, October 7, 2008 By Mail: Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008 (General) Election News:
See a League of Women Voters member or Debbie Ming-Mendoza, County Clerk at the Madison County Administration Building on Main St. in Edwardsville. http://www.co.madison.il.us/CountyClerk/CountyClerk.shtml
Or, use the LWV online tool to register for the first time or to update your registration.http://www.lwv.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Register_To_Vote